Tuesday, May 22, 2012

20 Months!


Easy-E is 20 months old!  He just keeps getting busier and busier each month and it's all I can do to keep up with him :)

Here's what the Mini Man is into these days:

-He's become a fan of foods that come wrapped in a tortilla.  I get it, I mean, it's handy.  It's portable.  What's not to like?
-He climbs up and goes down slides all by himself!
-Washing hands has become a new favorite activity.  Not so much in an OCD sort of way, more in a "loves to splash in water" kind of way.  I hope ;-)
-He's still working on potty training.  It's a slow process, but he likes to bring me the bucket part of his potty when he needs to pee (when he's diaper less).  Also, he's getting used to wearing his big-boy underpants...which are just the cutest things in the whole world.
-Ez loves to sit in his highchair for meals now.  
-He is obsessed with cars, trucks, motorcycles, airplanes, buses, firetrucks, ambulances, police cars, and bicycles.  Obsessed.  Kid will wake up out of a dead sleep if he hears an ambulance or other siren and sign it until I acknowledge it.  
-Obsession numero dos?  Balloons.  Holy crap, we can't go anywhere near them without him absolutely needing to touch them.
-He still loves the blender and most other kitchen appliances...possibly more than a child should.  He still loves to pretend to cook, especially while I'm making food.  It's ridiculously cute.
-His favorite books of late are his Elmo Goes to the Supermarket and Elmo Goes to the Community Center.  Also, Brown Bear and Pat the Puppy are daily reads.  
-He's so smart and sweet and is the most amazing little boy I've ever known.  And I tell him every single day.  


I realize it's hard to tell here, but he's signing "like."  I'm also not sure what in the world he was "liking" at that moment...but there's a good possibility that Family Guy was on the television.  Great parenting, huh?

He's a happy boy.

He's coming.  He's coming to getcha.


And finally, a glimpse into the future.  I imagine this look will be seen pretty often once we get into the teen years.