Saturday, May 18, 2013

Zoo pics & 21 weeks!

This kid has been keeping us outside everyday.  Not that I mind...it's just that he decides what he wants to do that day and it usually consists of at least one major park (Balboa, the zoo, Sea World) and also a playground.  Then, he has to water the flowers and play in his pool when we are finally allowed to go home.  Unlimited energy, this kid has.  I need to bottle it :)

This one makes me laugh...because clearly, Ezra was being a punk and refused to let me take his picture on top of the extinct American lion statue.  Jordan's plea to him fell on deaf ears ;-)

And here's Ez and his buddy, riding the SkyFari.  He's kind of obsessed with it.  Requires that we ride it at least once every time we visit the zoo.

He's been so freakin cute lately - when he plays "firefighter" with Jordan, and he gets a call that there's a fire in the kitchen, he always runs in, pushes me aside and says "Stay back, mommy!  There's a fire in here!  I'll save you!"  Unbelievably adorable, people.  

**********
So, 21 weeks.  I'm looking pretty ginormous (compared to last time), feeling just as huge, and also feeling a little nervous about the current state of my belly button.  It's really just a thin-skinned, flat spot on my stomach...that pokes out all creepy-like now.  It's gross, I'll admit it.  Really, ever since the baby-belly started showing, it's gotten progressively flatter and flatter.  Like, I'm worried that when this is over, it's not going to be normal ever again...that kind of thing.  Jordan refers to it as "that monstrosity on your stomach that used to be a belly button" and refuses to touch it.  Nice guy, huh?!

So far, nothing major (or minor, even) to report.  Still chugging along.  I did gain a LOT (like, 10 lbs) all at once right before the 2nd trimester began, but thankfully, it's been coming on a lot slower and more steady, since then.  I've got enough stretch marks on my hips from my early college-years weight gain...I really don't need to add more ;-)