Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Faker


We've got a little faker on our hands, folks.

A couple days ago, we were making dinner and Ezra, true to form ran to climb into the refrigerator when I opened it.  We give him a lot of warning before closing it and, though he's not always happy to move away, he usually does.

So, I gave my warning, he backed out and I closed the door.  I didn't see the tip of his finger still between the doors.  I'd also like to point out that I closed the door so slowly and gently, there was likely no actual pain experienced :)

Naturally, he was a little stunned and whined for a second.  All was fine.

Fast forward to the next day.

He only ran to the fridge after I'd shut it.  He then touched the fridge and made a fussy face to go along with the whine he was letting out.  All while holding out his hand for me to inspect.

Faker.

This gets repeated several times a day now.

And because I know my mother will want to remind me of a time when I did something similar, I'll beat her to the punch....

I guess I was 3 or so at the time.  Too young for school, anyway.  My mom was in another room when she heard me scream.  She came running in and asked me what was wrong.

I said, "Josh hit me!"

In any other circumstance, this would have probably been true.  Josh was constantly beating up on me, his adorable, sweet, innocent little sister.

My mom's response?  "Jenny, Josh is at school."

Yep.  I guess faking runs in the family ;-)