Monday, October 22, 2012

Ezra's 2nd Birthday Party!


I really, really thought I'd finished and posted this weeks ago.  Really.

Turns out I'd only dumped all the photos in and forgotten about it.  I seem to do that more often than I'd like ;-)

So, here's Ezra's 2nd Birthday Party!  We had it at Liberty Station, which happens to be right down on the water in Point Loma.  I've been there a lot and never had a problem with ridiculous wind.  Until the day of his party...which was SO windy that our borrowed canopy couldn't be put up to a normal height,  as it had attempted to make a break for it and go for a swim in the water.

Luckily, my dear friend was there to take charge and she made a mini-tent area for the kids (or seated adults!) to enjoy.

Also, due to the crazy winds, most of the decorations didn't get to make an appearance...much to my dismay.  I'd spent most of my free time during naptimes and after Ez went to bed working on street signs, clever names for the food (to tie in the theme), etc.  I didn't even get to set up his cupcakes, which were firey-flames to go with his firetruck...and by the time we got around to serving them, they looked more like scrambled eggs on top of mini cupcakes than fire.  They still tasted pretty good, so I'll take that as point in my favor.

On the bright side, the kids did love the cardboard box cars that I'd made -- and the pics of them driving were super cute :)































Overall, it was a good day!  The kids had a lot of fun, Ezra got to see all of his buddies one last time before we moved, and there were surprisingly few tantrums ;-)