Thursday, November 1, 2012

Back in San Diego...which can only mean one thing -- The Zoo!!


Ezra and I took a quick trip to San Diego a couple days ago.  I just can't stay away ;-)

The ride down was completely awesome -- Ez checked out the cars and trucks and "Slides!!" (any mountain with a smoother surface is a slide, according to my kid), he watched every episode of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Sid the Science Kid, Super Why, Cat in the Hat, and Dora the Explorer that I'd put on the iPad....and even caught a nap.  No crying, no whining, and we even made it there without having to stop a single time...it was perfect.

We arrived around 7 and grabbed some pizza at Bronx.  I know what you're thinking..."You weren't even in San Diego for an hour before you went to Bronx?  You're obsessed."  

And my response is yes.  Yes, you are correct.  It's that good.

It helps that we were both hungry and we were crashing at our friends house that is a block away from there...so back off.

The next morning, we were up bright and early to meet some friends at the zoo!  Ez has been signing his zoo animal signs since we left San Diego a month ago, so we just had to go for a visit.  

Easy-E has also been drooling like a Saint Bernard, has a runny nose and has been sporting some rosy red cheeks lately, which can only mean one thing....more teeth!!  Yay!  

(That was said with all of the sarcasm that my tired butt could manage)

That said, he really didn't seem to be bothered by it until Tuesday.  Then it just got progressively worse and he started seeming a little sick, too.  You can see the progression in the pictures that I took while we were there ;-)

Ez and his best buddy, walking along the path to the monkeys and gorillas.    ...And all is right with the world...

The little monkeys, checking out the other monkeys ;-)

He's such a big kid now...I can't believe how much he looks like Jordan in this one...

The shadows make him look even more mischievous than normal :)

I'm king of the world!

Ezra and Claire, BFF since 2010.

Nancy had her stroller and the baby, so I took the kids on the SkyFari (there's a 4 person limit per car).  Like always, getting both kids to look at the camera at the same time was nearly impossible.  They'd both say Cheeeeeeeessseeeee! but be looking in different directions.  To be fair, we were also high above the zoo...so there was a lot to look at that was WAY more interesting than me and my camera ;-)  Also, note the sickly face he's got here...boo for teeth and colds ganging up on my boy.

We had a great time at the zoo and Ez fell asleep as soon as we got back home.  After his nap, we headed out to Oma's Pumpkin Patch in Lakeside with our friends.  More pics to come!!