Saturday, March 9, 2013

Birthdays, Blue Toes and Big News!


So, last Monday was my birthday!  I took a day off from packing and decided to sit around, eating spicy Cheez-its (don't you judge me, dammit), watching Steel Magnolias.  I wore sweat pants and a ratty tank top and didn't care one bit that I looked homeless ;-)

Speaking of Steel Magnolias, when I was younger, I decided that I wanted to live in the south because I wanted to be like the sassy ladies of Chinquapin  Parish.  I'm not kidding.  I have a deep love for Ouiser (Shirley MacLaine), especially.  Oh, and Clairee (Olympia Dukakis).  Smart-ass, southern women, man...it just doesn't get much funnier.

**********
After painting my toes blue, at Ezra's request, he required me to do his toenails as well...



He thinks it's sooooo cool and keeps talking about his blue toes ;-)  And yes, he's got 2 different shades of blue.  It's what he wanted, okay??

**********

Also, Ezra has a little announcement that he'd like to make.


That's right, folks.  More baby-Blausteins!  As you can see, we're expecting this latest addition in September, probably a few days before Ezra's birthday.  Seeing as how I tend to procrastinate, we may be looking at a shared birthday for the kids ;-)  We'll see!

Also on the list for "shit that we've been keeping relatively quiet about," -- we're moving!  It's been the most insane back-and-forth between going to the east coast and going back to San Diego.  I'll elaborate more later, but I think we've finally come to a decision and we'll be gone by the end of this month :)