Sunday, June 20, 2010

Week 28...or week 31.

So, I screwed up. I forgot to take photos last week (week 27/30). I'm a little sad that now we won't have a full week-by-week progression to look back on. I'll do my best to not forget again :-) Here's the photos from this week (week 28/31). Notice the size of the belly. Take it all in. It's gloriously large (and in charge). Bending over, getting in/out of bed and and the couch is a bit challenging now. I'm like a beached whale trying to roll my fat ass out of bed in the morning. You don't realize the lack of abs until you try to use them and fail miserably, I guess ;-)
And please don't judge the new haircut based on what you see below. I did nothing with it today after having it in a ponytail for half of the day. It really does look a lot better when I've given it 5 minutes of my attention.





**********
The kid has been increasingly active and has a new trick that includes jabbing both sides of my belly at the same time. I imagine that the little him/her is either stretching or perfecting some kick-ass dance moves. Either way, it's a strange feeling. I had no idea how far back on my sides I'd be feeling these kicks/punches. The accommodations are apparently pretty expansive these days.
**********
I'm currently making this lovely olive focaccia (I'm using a mixture of kalamata and pimento-stuffed green olives) to go with some roasted garlic hummus that I made earlier today. I'm pretty stoked. I am, however, not happy about the waiting period for this bread. That's always the hardest part. I've got a recipe for a super-yummy ciabata that I've been sitting on because I just don't know if I can dedicate several hours of my day to kneading/folding/waiting on rising. Maybe I can come up with a strain of hyper-speed yeast that can cut down on rise-time. Until then, we wait.