Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"I've got heartburn radiating to my kneecaps."

Remember that line from Juno?

I had a short stint of heartburn early on during this pregnancy. It was completely easy to deal with and each bout didn't last long. Really, it was a learning experience for me as I'd never had heartburn before. Figured it was as good a time as any to see what people were complaining about ;-)

These past few nights have been getting progressively worse. Heartburn is back. With a vengeance. I'm talking, waking me up once I finally fall asleep and forcing me into a seated position quicker than I've moved in weeks despite the belly pain that accompanies such a movement. Between 2:30 and 4:30 this morning was the worst. I ended up giving up on sleeping in my cozy bed and tried the recliner in the living room to see if I could catch a nap. Ever been afraid you were going to vomit lava? I was. I'm convinced this is just a little payback for having the easiest pregnancy ever and not being afraid to admit that I've enjoyed it. Even right now, I can feel it bubbling up like an angry cauldron. I'd take it all day, everyday if it would just go away and let me sleep :-/