Friday, April 5, 2013

Hopefully, maybe, kind of getting back into the groove of things!


It's optimistic of me to think I can get back to updating a even weekly again, but I'm going to try.

I only just pulled my camera out of a random bag (inside of a more random box) -- to use for the first time since before the move.  I used to have that thing, at the ready, constantly snapping pics of the boy.  We'll get back to it :)  

We've finally made some progress on the office and started to get the house in order...so I'm hopeful that as we move forward, things will ease back into some sort of routine.

A few things to update...in case you're the last person to hear, we moved back to San Diego!  To say that we never should have left wouldn't be fair.  The experience managed to teach us a lot about what we wanted and where we truly wanted to be.  For that, we're grateful.  For the incredible headache the entire process caused...we're not so much grateful as we are thankful that it's over ;-)  With all the motivation that we should have had the first time around, added to some experience and a little bit more knowledge of how to get to where we want to be -- we're on track to make this our last big move.

Things are also progressing on the pregnancy-front.  I'm about 16 weeks along now, and, thanks to my phenomenal lack of abdominal-workouts (post-Ezra), I appear to be showing a lot more than I was at this point last time around.  I even got down to a whole pant-size below my usual...but as I was warned,  since I didn't do much for toning, I'm paying for it now.  I did manage a few half-hearted attempts to get back into P90x...but even the draw of Tony Horton couldn't keep me coming back day after day, when I had so precious little time to do anything at all while Ezra napped.  If only I didn't value sleep....;-)

The office is up and running, too.  The painting took longer than expected, so the first week officially started this past Tuesday -- and Jordan was booked!  Each day is a little different, but considering we just opened back up, I think we can call it good.  Really good :)

**********
Jordan decided to take a break from the office and knock off about an hour early the other day (don't worry, he went in early and stayed late every other day ;-))  We wanted Ez to have some fun at the one place that he's constantly asking for -- the zoo!  The kid loves the zoo.  So, we met up with some friends...


...and had a great evening.  Can't wait for Nighttime Zoo to come back :)

**********

So, here's what I've really been putting off...the growing-belly pics.  I did it with Ez for a couple reasons:
1.  It was new and I'd never had a child before
2.  I wanted to be able to look back on how much I/he grew
3.  I wanted to be able to compare to future pregnancies
4.  I didn't want to have the conversation 43 times each week about how much bigger I was getting

Now, it's not that I'm not excited about this pregnancy.  I am.  Very much so.  But we've been SO FREAKING BUSY with the move and the office that it's made documenting this one that much more difficult.

But...we did it.  I managed to find a cleared-out space to snap a couple pics to use as Further Evidence.

Before I get a call from my mother -- yes, I cropped my face out (it was really late and I was looking as tired as I felt).  Yes, I'm already wearing my belly-band.  No, I'm not wearing maternity pants yet (my ass is still fitting into regular pants, thankyouverymuch).  Yes, I'm aware that I look like I ate too much. I pretty much just bloat up from drinking water and looking at food.  I can't help it, damnit.

Here I am, in all my 16 week glory.  Hopefully, I can get Jordan to let the camera autofocus before he snaps next week's photos ;-)