Monday, May 23, 2011

8 months!


Mini-Man is 8 months old!  

I know.  I didn't want to believe it either.  I counted, recounted, checked the calendar...and it is, in fact, true.  And I have the bags under my eyes to prove it ;-)

He's growing up SO fast.  I keep doing double-takes when I look at him -- he's turning into such a little boy.  What's new this month, you ask? 

*His babbling seems to come in response to us talking to him now - like we're having a conversation...which is just insane to me.
*His two bottom teeth are about halfway in (or out?) now.  They're perfect.  And SHARP.
*He's ready for another haircut already.
*Taking walks in his stroller or wrapped up on my back make him super happy.
*He gets really excited when I sign milk and he is still signing it when he eats.
*He loves to sit up and splash in the bath.
*Watching the dogs play is a great way to get some serious giggles out of him.
*He loves to be outside with me while I do laundry or water plants.  
*Storytime is getting to be more and more fun.  Every time I turn the page, he lights up with excitement.  
*His smiles could melt ice.  Seriously.  I should keep him away from the polar ice caps.  He may be a direct cause of global warming.

Here's a few pictures to commemorate the special day:


Check out my super-awesome teeth!




And in the interest of full disclosure, his 8-month pictures were taken (gasp!) 1 day late.  He's working through a little growth spurt and managed to sleep approximately 18 hours yesterday, so I didn't get a chance to get him into his special onesie for picture time.  Bad, bad mom.  I know.