Saturday, May 7, 2011

Old McEzra Had a Garden...E I E I O

I planted my tomatoes a few days ago and my excitement builds EVERY SINGLE DAY.  Back when we went to the Earth Fair, we picked up some pretty cool seedlings.  We got Chocolate Cherry Tomatoes, Big Beef Tomatoes and Black Russian Tomatoes.  Go ahead, click on those links and check out what we're going to be enjoying this summer.  I'm freakin' stoked.

I'm thinking of growing some peppers this summer also.  I know, it's late to be starting.  But I've got an empty barrel that's just screaming to have something growing in it...and for Brodie to not lay in it.  He's a weird dog.
**********

I forgot to mention awhile back (maybe 2-3 weeks?) but Mini-Man has been pulling up!  It's more climbing, but the end result is still the same.  He's preferred standing (with help, of course) since he was a few months old...so this would seem like a natural progression.  Still not crawling, but he's certainly moving through the typical patterns toward crawling.  Soon enough, he'll be getting frustrated with his spinning and rolling to get to where he wants to go...and get up on those knees & get to crawling :)  For now, I'm content with knowing that I can walk out of the room for a moment and he'll be somewhere in the vicinity of where I left him when I return.  Oh, and I'm also happy to not have baby gates everywhere yet.  That's a plus.

And because you read (or didn't read) all of that... here's a cute picture of the boy.


And, the answer is yes.  Yes, he likes it when I match his diapers to his clothing.  

Okay, I lied.  I'm not sure that he actually likes it.  He smiles a lot, so it's hard to say what exactly is making him so damn happy ;-)