Monday, August 16, 2010

35 week photos

We're a tad late taking these this week. I'm actually 35 1/2 weeks today. Not like this hasn't happened with about half of the photos, but I thought I'd come clean.

Also, the clothed pics were taken in the clothes I actually wore today instead of jammies this time. I thought I might go back to the days when I showed you what I really look like during normal waking hours ;-)

It was pretty warm today (like, 95 degrees IN my house), so the sumo-wrestler bun was a necessity - not a chosen hairdo. You'll be happy to know that I do have a hair appointment this coming weekend. You're welcome. I'm getting tired of it myself.




If you're wondering where my belly button went...so am I. If it weren't a tad darker than the rest of me, I'd be pretty certain I didn't have one. Crazy.
**********
Late last week, I turned into Paula Dean for a day. We'd acquired some okra from a patient and I figured I'd fry it. Why not? Neither of us had ever had it so it seemed like a good idea. And it was. We'd also gotten a few pounds of peaches from the same person, so I made strawberry-peach cobbler with them, served with vanilla/caramel ice cream, of course. Holy yum. I tried out a different cobbler recipe and I think it's my new favorite. And because a southern meal wouldn't be complete without my miraculous baked macaroni and cheese w/ broccoli, I made that for dinner. It was unbelievable.

I think I gained 3 pounds from my southern dinner experience. It was SO worth it. Don't judge me. A person cannot live on swiss chard, cucumbers and carrots alone. Plus, the baby seemed happy about the whole situation.
**********
I'm happy to announce that we can now safely have the kid.

In other words, we finally bought the car seat. Our color/pattern isn't listed, but it's black and grey (to match the car, of course!). I'd had it all picked out for months and was just waiting (read: procrastinating). But now it's here and though I don't plan on needing it for a little while after the kid is born, we've got it.

I also ordered and received my diaper bag (in platinum) and hanging wet/dry bag for diapers (in lime/cocoa bean). I was pretty excited to get these babies. The diaper bag is both functional and something that Jordan has no issue with carrying. The wet/dry bag is a top-rated product and is known for containing the poop smell from the diapers -- which is a really good thing :-)
**********
We caught Brodie eating grape tomatoes off the plants this evening. It was really cute. I'd seen him do it a few times before, but this time he just kept going and cleared out an entire low-hanging plant. I guess he was hungry for dinner.