Monday, August 2, 2010

Observations

Apparently the local weathermen complained enough about the cooler weather we've been experiencing this summer and now Mother Nature is coming to get her revenge. August is expected to kick our pampered-with-mid-70 degree-weather-butts this year. It's on it's way, kids. The temps, they are a-risin'.

I know I'm excited.

Really? I thought I was lucking out with having the coolest summer on record during the latter part of this pregnancy. I suppose it can only last for so long, right? I'll be sitting in front of a fan in a too small bathing suit, eating ice cubes for the remainder of this pregnancy. Just in case you were wondering.

I'm sure anyone who has had a kid can relate to this. I can get Spork to go absolute apeshit just by eating specific foods. Mostly it's fruit like blueberries, strawberries, bananas, and nectarines. The high-sugar fruits are his/her favorites. The kid is a fan. I'm not going to lie, I also get a little sore and queasy from all the ridiculous movement that accompanies eating ice cream, but I'm not eating that quite as often or in the same quantity as the fruit (promise!). It's just fun to get a rise out of the kid with food. This is, perhaps, proof that I like to be in control and it's starting early with the kid. Considering the little him/her will be telling me when it's chow time, diaper change time, nap time, etc, I'm not feeling so bad about this little game we're playing right now ;-)

The contractions are happening a lot more lately. More at night, I tend to be sitting down then, so I'm guessing that's why I'm noticing them more often at that time. They are slowly moving out of the "I'm barely aware of them" and into the "chest-tightening/harder to take a deep breath, not-painful but definitely more there" camp. The end is in sight, folks.