Friday, October 22, 2010

1 month

Today, Ezra is one month old.

The hell?

When exactly did this happen? It really does feel like just yesterday I was holding him for the very first time. Cliche, yes. But so true. Days and nights have blurred together and I have yet to see a day that doesn't go by WAY too fast. I'm worrying that, at this rate, he'll be walking and talking before I can finish this next load of diaper laundry.

We went to see Vickii on Wednesday and Ezra blew us away with his awesome weight gain. He's was up to 7lbs 10oz! He'll be chunky in no time. I'm not sure what was different from two weeks ago, but whatever we did, we're going to keep doing it. He's definitely looking bigger but is still not quite filling out most of his newborn clothing. Some fit really well while others appear to be made for a 10lb baby. Eh, welcome to my world. That's why for the past 2 years, I've worn Gap jeans exclusively. It's not about brand loyalty. It's about not wanting to try on 5 different sizes of another brand to find the one that fits ;-) Laziness rules my world, folks.

So...Ezra. What can I say about this kid that I haven't already said a million times? He's amazing. The best thing ever. So sweet and cuddly and perfect. Seriously. He is doing that sort-of-smile these days, which, holy crap -- can melt you in .71 seconds flat. He coos and follows me with his eyes. He has the cutest burps. He's started this thing where he farts when he coughs or sneezes - which is exceptionally adorable during a diaper change :-) You know exactly when he has pooped each and every time because it's loud and he is clearly not embarrassed by this. He locks eyes with me when he eats (is there a quicker way to turn me into a puddle of goo?). He works so hard at holding his head up. Sometimes he squeaks when he's eating. His hair is insane. When he stretches, his eyebrows go up like he's super-surprised and he reaches his arms out like he's asking for a hug. He purses his little lips together like, "Gimme a kiss!" He loves to sleep chest to chest. He has the cutest little butt you've ever seen. He completely enchanting and I fall in love with him all over again every single day.

I couldn't choose which picture to put up, so I put up a few...