Saturday, October 2, 2010

Awesomeness.

Ezra is awesome.

It's only been a week and a half, but I'm pretty sure we hit the jackpot with this kid. Like the pregnancy, he's pretty low-maintenance so far. Sure, nursing almost constantly is tiring, but I'm getting the hang of it. Everyday is a little different. We haven't quite figured out how to reset his clock - he still is up to eat every hour - two hours at night, with the occasional 3 hour stretch. He'll take his longer naps in the morning or at night before bedtime. We'll get it, though. Considering he just doesn't fuss unless I'm being too slow to get to the feeding, I'm thinking it's all pretty great. Even then, it's only for a second. I know...he's still young...blah, blah, blah. I'm just happy we're starting off good ;-) The poor couple 2 houses down have a screamer. His cries are amplified by the canyon behind us and, man alive, that kid has some lungs.

For anyone who has been keeping up with his weight -- on Thursday, Vickii came by again to weigh him and he was back up to 6lbs 12oz. WhooHoo! Based on my supply and his desire and progress, she doesn't expect anything but gains from here on out.

Oh, and his umbilical cord stump fell off on Tuesday evening (just shy of 1 week). I was sad. Not because it was particularly attractive or anything, but because it means that he's that much older. I'm a giant puddle of goo these days, folks.

Tomorrow is Sunday, so Ezra will most likely be sporting another Jets onesie while watching football. Jordan wants to start him early. Here was last week's attire for an away-game.


Here's some pictures we've snapped over the past few days...








Clearly, he sleeps a lot. And yes, he's giving us the thumbs-up in one. He's that cool.