Saturday, October 9, 2010

Busy Day

Today we did a lot of walking around. We started off trying to find the Pacific Beach Farmer's Market but found Beach Fest instead (where is Reed Street??!). Parking in PB was a mess, so most of the walking was to and from the car. We parked damn near the bay ;-)

So having never made it to the market, we decided to head downtown to Little Italy. We knew where that farmer's market is held. Mom was delighted with all the vendors and bought her fair share (and then some) of delicious baked goods, some yummy berries, pita & hummus, and a couple of kitchen gadgets. You can't stop her from shopping. She's a force to be reckoned with. Really, you can only hope to contain her. And we did. To Date Street...Between India and Kettner ;-)

We then headed to the harbor to show them the USS Midway and the Star of India. Naturally, a cruise ship had recently docked - on top of it being a Saturday afternoon- so it was very crowded, but really nice. Perfectly sunny and very warm - great weather.

It's now a proven fact that Ezra will fall asleep in 2.87 seconds once placed in the Moby Wrap. The kid LOVES it. He snuggles down (we like the newborn hug hold) and just zonks out. I mean, out. It was pretty warm with all that fabric wrapped around me but he was completely content. And I love not having to lug a stroller around everywhere.

Okay, so I still haven't exactly gotten around to buying a stroller yet. All the more reason to love the Moby ;-) I've been putting it off to see if we really need one now or if we can get away with buying one later on. I'm really liking wearing him and it's a whole lot less of a hassle to pack the wrap. We'll see...

Unfortunately, we didn't get any pictures while we were out today. I'll have to remember to snap a few tomorrow. In light of my obvious flub, here's a picture I just took of the little man. He's sleeping. Because 7:30-10pm is his nighttime stretch of sleep. Then it's party-time. And by party-time, I mean nursing every 1.5 hours for 45 minutes at a time. It's great fun. I know the entire nighttime/early morning schedule of shows on television and have gone through half a season of Hoarder's (oh.ma.god!) and every Kat Williams stand-up special on Netflix already. It's temporary, I know.

And here's a few from last night/this morning.