Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Great News!

The baby formerly known as Spork has some good news that he'd like to share with the world...



Yep. That's right, folks. Over the course of one week, Ezra gained 9.5 ounces. We started calling him the Milk Monster, so maybe that has something to do with it? Either way, I couldn't be happier. I mean, I broke out the crayons and made a sign for hell's sake. It's a pretty big win.

Well, I could be happier if he keeps it up. Keep those chubby-baby thoughts up...they're working :-)

For some reason, Ezra seems to only bring out the blood-curdling screams when we're at Vickii's office. He never gets a chance to scream (or cry) when we're at home...unless I'm just too slow to get him eating. But even then, it's no big deal - just a little cry. But dude can freakin wail when he's there! It's completely unwarranted, though. That place couldn't be more calming and he couldn't be with a nicer, more relaxing person. It's baffling. I'm curious to see what's going to happen once we get to Maine and he meets everyone. Hmmm...

So, back to his super-impressive chub-gaining...
We'd guessed that he would be putting up some pretty good numbers this week because he's starting to grow out of his newborn-sized prefold diapers. He'll still be wearing them for a couple weeks, but I've started putting the next size up into the rotation as well. He can also wear some of his footed sleeper/rompers that are 0-3 months. In fact, his feet are the perfect size for some of them (yes, I realize he gets the feet from me). I know it's irrational, but I'm getting a little sad about this. He's growing out of something - which means he's growing up :-( I suppose this had to happen at some point. I was just hoping it would be much, much later.

Yes, I'm getting emotional over diapers. Shut up.
**********
Wee-man is so happy and talkative these days...especially in the mornings. SO sweet. He's been making this adorable owl noise and cracks up if I do it back to him. At which point my knees go weak and I melt into a puddle of goo. This kid has some magical powers.

Here's a few shots of Ez from one of those goo-inducing times.



God, he's a cute kid.


Here's another one...apparently Ezra was not pleased that I left the flash on.

And while I'm at it, I might as well show you these - They're from at least a month ago.
Cuteness abounds.
Remember Pat from SNL? Not saying my kid looks like Pat, but the way he's posing totally makes me think of him. Or her. Whatever.