Sunday, December 26, 2010

It's Christmas. Christmas in Maine.

Okay, so it was Christmas in Maine. I've been slacking quite a bit since we've been here...but since we're leaving tomorrow evening, I figured now would be as good a time as any to update a little...

Getting here was a bit of an adventure - though we should have expected it, considering most every trip we take is elongated due to travel mishaps. We ended up getting stuck in Chicago overnight on our way here. It's always nice to find out your connecting flight has been cancelled when you arrive in your connecting city ;-) After waiting in an insanely long line at United's customer service counter, we booked a 6am to Boston instead of waiting 2 days to fly into Portland like we'd originally planned. Eh. The night spent in O'Hare was not nearly as bad as we had feared it would be and 6am came pretty quickly. We did manage to get very familiar with terminal C during our midnight/early morning walks...

With that bump behind us, we headed to Dad's house to settle in. Not long after, we got hit with a monster of a blizzard...it was freakin' awesome. I think it totaled up to just over a foot of snow. We were pretty happy.

Ezra got to meet just about everyone in the family, save for a few cousins here and there. He seemed to really enjoy being passed around to snuggle and drool on everyone ;-) He also got to meet the other new addition to the family - Ellie. I'm super excited that they're so close in age and I'm holding out hope that they'll be pen-pals like me and Ash were growing up.

I didn't take nearly as many pictures as I'd intended, but here's a couple that I did manage to take...

Easy-E turned 3 months the day after we arrived...


This 3-month shot just makes me giggle...

Dad and a very sleepy Ez.

Ez was pooped after Christmas Eve at Gram's house


Glorious snow!


I'll try to finish the trip pictures tomorrow. It's getting late and I'm sure Dad doesn't want to do too many more laps with Ez around the house ;-)