Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Dog-Park-Days of January


Ezra took Brodie to the dog park yesterday.  The sun was shining, the air was warm and the sky was blue. Perfect San Diego day.  It's days like that that remind me why I live here.

And you know what's great?  Those days happen very often.

While Brodie ran around like a maniac and played fetch with Jordan, Ez and I walked over to the playground.  After a little stalling on the slides and in the sand, we made our way to the swings.  There was no baby-swings, so we just sat together on the swing.  True to form, he LOVED it.  So much so, that he threw a fit each time I tried to switch it up to play somewhere else.  Granted, it was passed his naptime, so I  already had that working against me.  Either way, we had fun & the kid got to enjoy the beautiful beachy-air day.

Here's a quick shot of Brodie, waiting very impatiently for Jordan to throw the ball again...and again & again & again!



Because of his first nap being pushed back by a couple hours, he ended up sleeping from about 8:30 until 2:30 in the morning.  Fun.

He did manage to drift off to sleep just as I was getting my first sip of coffee...that I reluctantly made around 6:45 because I was sure I'd fall asleep standing up without it.  Perfect timing, Ez...perfect timing ;-)

He's got a play date at the local science center later this morning.  My fingers are crossed that he gets a good nap in so he can enjoy it  :)