Sunday, May 23, 2010

New photos and a little more

A little while ago, I mentioned that I finally had a reason to make these. I did end up making them (vegetarian, of course) for one of our Bradley birth classes and they were pretty awesome. I was worried that there may be a lack of flavor, but the smokiness of the gruyere, peppery taste of the arugula and tang of the stone-ground dijon was perfect. I'll be making them again tonight because I've got so much stuff leftover AND they were so tasty. Definitely recommend them.

I also was pretty thrilled to make this. And then I was pretty thrilled to eat it. I made this caramel sauce to drizzle on top and served it up with some vanilla ice cream. Soooo good. Not too sweet or over-chocolatey. And bonus - the extra caramel sauce is delicious in place of sugar in your coffee. YUM. Do it. Do it now.

*********************
Aaaand here's the photos for this week. Baby news for this week includes me finally hearing Spork's heartbeat (!!!), I measured at 26 weeks this week, and the Braxton Hicks contractions are happening everyday now. They started at least a few weeks ago but I wasn't positive that's what they were until I talked to the midwife. Pretty much I just become aware that I actually have a uterus and it firms up to a tight ball in my belly. Kind of neat. The kid seems to think it's a game because the rolling somersaults and elbow jabs usually accompany them ;-)









I know what you're thinking. And yes, the belly is giant. I did give in this week and bought a couple maternity shirts. I just felt like I was punishing some of my tops for something they didn't do. I do have a gripe, however. Just because someone is pregnant does not mean that they are carrying the child in their ass. I tried on some shorts and pants - and holy crap. Though it's nice to fit in XS clothing, I'm having a bit of trouble with the sizing. It's just not right. Thankfully, I was able to find a pair of shorts that are only partially hideous and kind of fit/will fit in a couple weeks. My pants are all still fitting for the time being, so I'm pretty happy about that.

Keep your fingers crossed I don't start packing on the ass-fat too heavy now that I've put all this out there. I'm expecting some, just not Shamu-style.