Tuesday, November 23, 2010

**Disclaimer: This post has nothing to do with Ezra or the dogs. I understand that this may be a deal-breaker for many of you, and that you have probably already stopped reading this. Sorry to disappoint. But, I mean, the next best thing to Ezra is food, right?

Thanksgiving is Thursday. As if I needed to remind anyone of that. I love Thanksgiving. Last year, we ate Thanksgiving dinner for at least a week. I think all but one or two of the things I made were from the one and only Pioneer Woman (aka my hero)...and it was awesome. I've really scaled back on the amount of serious cooking that I'm doing this year. I know that I'll just be disappointed in myself if I don't get to make everything I've planned, so I'm setting my sights a little lower. Sad? Yes. Will I still be making some delicious food and subsequently eating it for days? You're damn right.
A couple of the favorites that will be making an appearance this year will be:
Cornbread Stuffing
Pastor Ryan's Roasted Carrots

I'm thinking we'll be trying out this Spaghetti Squash recipe in place of last year's Sweet-Roasted, Rosemary Acorn Squash. While it was really good, I'm not a huge fan of acorn squash, so I think we'll be trying something new this year. This Spinach with Garlic Chips may or may not be making a cameo as well. Yum. Oh, and some super awesome, 2-heads-of-roasted-garlic-and-whatever-herbs-I-have-in-my-"garden"-mashed-potatoes. No link for that, because clearly, they're just mashed potatoes.

I really miss the Sage Mushroom gravy that we used to get from Whole Foods back in Dallas. We tried finding it here last year with no luck. Bah-Humbug.

So, the reason I shared this info with you is so that you might check out PW's site. She's pretty awesome and so is her food. I'm a fan. And you should be too.

Pioneer Woman
Check it, yo.