Tuesday, June 14, 2011

A Tale of Two Phones (and a video!)

Back before Ez was born, I broke up with my iphone.  Oh, it wasn't a decision I was happy about.  iphone and I had had so many great times together.  Ahh...the apps... Shake-n-Spell, NYTimes Crosswords, Words with Friends, Urban Spoon....I had too many favorites to mention.

It wasn't the iphone, it was me.  In an effort to save a couple bucks a month, I decided to give it up.  My contract was up, so I downgraded my plan, switched out my simcard and proceeded to go through iphone withdrawls.  I can't tell you how many times we'd be out somewhere, get lost and need directions.  Know what's got GPS?  Yep, my old phone.  Damnit.

It became a glorified ipod (which just made me incredibly sad)...until last night.  You see, 3 days ago, I tried to charge my old, 1990's-doesn't-even-have-a-qwerty-keyboard-crappy phone.  After a day of it being completely silent, I realized it had finally just given up.

It did not choose life, my friends.

Because I haven't got any other old, crappy phones laying around, I decided to go ahead and pop that simcard right back into the phone it should be in.  Oh, I think I may have teared up a bit.  After disabling 3G, enabling wi-fi and changing a few other settings, I partially have my iphone back!  Granted, I still can't get onto my own damn network at home (I'm working on it)...but for god's sake, I can text again without squinting and tap-tap-tapping using that stupid T9.  Oh.Ma.God, do I despise that.

Anyways, I'm just waiting to start getting the threatening texts from those wallet-raping robots at AT&T, telling me that my iphone cannot be used without their ridiculous iphone data plan.  I've heard this is what happens...and you know what?  I don't care.  I've fulfilled my contract.  They can suck it.

I know you're wondering...Did I just read that?  Why?  Why, oh, why?  The answer is simple.  You thought there might be a picture of Ez at the end.  But I'll do you one better...here's a video.  It's from a couple weeks ago.

A little explanation - Ez started doing this thing where he would pick his head up & extend back...then laugh his head off.  Lather, rinse, repeat.  It went on for awhile before I thought to grab the camera.  He'd  simmered down a bit, especially in just how violently he was tossing his head back, so the hilarity of it is diminished a tad...but you can imagine ;-)  Actually, it's kind of super-funny that he's barely doing anything but still things just looking up is hilarious.