Saturday, March 12, 2011

Dog Parks & Stolen Sandwiches

Today's venture out was to the dogpark.  Brodie did really well today, aside from the enthusiastic humping of a rather cute pitbull.  But really, that dog was getting it from all directions - can't really blame Bro for jumping in on the action ;-)

Ezra seems to really like it there, too.  He loves dogs.  Thinks they're hilarious.  This is good because it gives me a break from having to make fart noises and silly faces all day long.

Here's a shot of Jordan & Brodie playing ball.

Mister Man likes his sunglasses.  Thankfully.

Me & my little man.

Gah, this kid turns me to goo.

Here's my cutie back in the car.  He likes to talk and I caught him, mid - O.

This sign recently went back up at a nearby apartment building.  The worst part about it is that it was up for several months last year, then replaced with one that actually had correct spelling...and now it's back. Makes me giggle every time I see it.






**********
Because I happened to take a picture of it before I devoured it, I'll share this little gem with you.


We've become hooked on the awesome sandwiches at one particular super-cute little sandwich shop near Jordan's office.  And though I'd love to be able to patronize this adorable shop daily (the owners are really sweet), it would put a hurtin on the wallet.  So we decided to make one of our favorites at home and I'm here to tell you, it turned out almost identical.  Aside from the difference in bread and the unfortunate oversight of forgetting avocado slices, I really couldn't tell the difference.  Plus, it's really pretty :)

Here's what this simple masterpiece is comprised of:

2 pieces of quality bread, toasted
1 thick slice of cheese (pepper jack or fontina both work really well)
3-4 Tbsp hummus
1/4 c. sprouts
1/4 red pepper, sliced
1/4 cucumber, sliced
1/4 red cabbage, thinly sliced
5-6 grape tomatoes, sliced in half
1/3-1/4 avocado, sliced
6-10 picked jalapeno slices
a small handful of baby spinach

Smash it all together and you've got yourself some good eats.  You're welcome.

**********

Oh, and we are officially on "First Tooth Watch, 2011!"  Ez has amped up the drooling & biting to go along with his shiny new white, swollen bump on his gum :)