Monday, March 7, 2011

Twenty-nine

Last Friday was my (first) 29th birthday.  

Ezra woke up nice & happy, as usual.  We had our normal morning of some diaper-free time, play time, snuggles and some more breakfast, with a big side of smiles.  I really hit the jackpot with this kid, man.

Then we both got cleaned up and headed over to Jordan's office.  I had a microdermabrasion appointment and Ezra had some socialization time with all of his adoring fans in the office and at the salon.  Dude, that kid gets all the attention :)  He had a great time walking around, being fawned over.  I believe Jordan used the term chick-magnet.  Um-hmm.  

My microderm treatment was awesome.  My dull, uneven skin was transformed.  It's 2 1/2 days later and it's still much smoother, more even and has way more color.  I'm a huge fan.

Ezra fell asleep on the way home...


...so I took advantage.  I'm embarrassed to say, left him to nap in his carseat while I painted my toenails for the first time since Jenna's wedding in January.  He got a nice 30 minute nap & my toenails look 87% better.


Disregard the whiteness of my legs and feet.  It's March.  And I'm naturally nearly translucent.  


Then he woke up and we played some more.  
Here's me and Ez.


And here's Ez trying to get me to stop singing.


After some more playtime, chowtime, and napping, we had cake.  Well, Jordan and I had cake.  Coldstone ice cream cake.  Cake batter ice cream with raspberries, devil's food cake, white whipped cream icing, topped with cookie dough and garnished with rainbow sprinkles.  YUM.  Oh my goodness.  It's so good, we get it ever year ;-)


And here's my Brodie.  He wasn't too excited about my birthday this year.  Perhaps it's because he didn't get any cake?


Here's Lucy.  She's so pretty.  Also, not too thrilled about my b-day.  I know it's due to the lack of cake.


All in all, it was a wonderful day :)