Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Mmm, Cookies.

I made Pioneer Woman's Malted Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies on Saturday night.  I've got, what I like to think, is a pretty great basic chocolate chip cookie recipe - but I had some malted milk and this recipe was taunting me in my Tasty Kitchen recipe box, on the Pioneer Woman sidebars and on the Tasty Kitchen blog -- it was everywhere!...so it had to happen.

The verdict?  They're pretty good.  The malted milk makes them pretty chewy, they spread out rather thin, and have a really great flavor.  I'll make 'em again.  They're certainly not taking over as my go-to recipe, but they're in the mix now.
**********

We offered Ezra some smashed up avocado last night.  He wasn't thrilled.  He did reach for the spoon though - much in the way that he grasped the apple we offered him a few days ago.  I had a feeling we might be tending toward the Baby-Led-Weaning side of things.  I've got a bunch of different veggies all pureed and ready to go from our baby food-making party, so I'm going to try offering them in the mix of whole veggies & fruits.  We'll see.  I'm in no hurry to get him actually eating foods.  It's just fun to start offering him some different tastes and textures to see how he reacts :)

Here's some videos of our little food adventures so far...
Up first is Ez trying some apple -

And here's the avocado -