Sunday, April 10, 2011

Watch This / Dogpark Day!

Because I like to have something on while Ez is napping & I'm folding laundry, etc, I have been known to seek out the help of Netflix.  I've recently come across some great stuff that, if you aren't already a fan, you ought to check out ASAP.  Like, now.

Parking Wars -- This one follows the Philadelphia Parking Authority's 3 main parts - Ticketing, Booting & Impound.  I know what you're thinking...The PPA?  What is is interesting about the PPA?  Well, for starters, it's hilarious.  Second, the people are awesome...Garfield and Sherry are my favorite.  And third, it makes you realize just how stupid and ignorant some people can be.

Glee -- I tried watching a bit of this show on/off since it started.  I just couldn't get into it.  Then I got bored and decided to start from Episode 1 and really give it a shot.  I'm so happy I did!  Great show, super cute, and the actors are perfect.  I've loved Jane Lynch for awhile now and even if you have a tough time getting into the musical aspect of the show, she's worth it.  Every scene with her in it is gold.

The Pyramid Code -- Excellent show.  Kind of documentary-style, it's all about the secrets and marvels of the Egyptian pyramids.  It's got some really cool info on just how crazy-advanced the ancient Egyptians really were.

Freakonomics -- Not a show, it's a movie, but still worth the quick discussion.  It's got a really interesting look at the world through the eyes of an economist.  Doesn't sound that great, I know, but trust me.  It's definitely worth your time.

Exit Through the Gift Shop -- Again, not a show, it's a documentary.  And it may or may not have been a hoax.  Taken at face value, originally, it was meant to follow some street artists and ultimately, the elusive Banksy.  Throughout the filming process, it became a documentary about the man behind the camera --Thierry Guetta, his obsession with video taping everything, and his overnight rise to fame as the new artist known as MBW (Mister Brainwash).  I think it was also nominated for an Academy Award, as well.  So there.  Check it out.
**********

I know that even my own mother just skimmed through that.  I'm not operating under any delusions here.

So, today we went to the OB dogpark again.  Brodie likes it there, there's benches, and a fence.  Done.

Here's some pictures we snapped...

Ezra really enjoyed chewing on his hoodie.

But he was all smiles when he saw Brodie playing with his doggie-friends.  Seriously.  Laughing, squealing...this kid loves dogs.

Here's Brodie, taking a rest.

Ezra liked posing for pictures under (and on) this awesomely shady tree.

Dad's hoodie strings were SUPER interesting, too.  And tasty.

After all that excitement, it was time for a nap on the drive home :)